Please use Google spellcheck and word association software

Discuss the word processor
itt

Please use Google spellcheck and word association software

Post by itt »

as the title says i have put a post on this subject and your answer was that i put each word that i am having trouble with in myself. this would take days. google works every time you put the word in a sentence. if i do my writing in gmail "compose" than copy paste to open office for the adding of capitals and editing functions i have found i have no problems. this is what i will be doing in the future to save time and frustration.
open office 4.1.6 on windows 10
RoryOF

Re: please use google spellcheck and word association softwa

Post by RoryOF »

What is the language displayed in the centre of the Status bar of OpenOffice? In both my and Zizi64's test, your sample misspelling had correct offers for correction.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
YODA

Post by YODA »

In my En-us language setting I got the correct word maintenance and manatee as suggestions from the spellcheck
Openoffice4.16 on windows 10 Libreoffice Version: 6.1.3.2 (x64)
RusselB

Post by RusselB »

One problem with your suggestion, that I can see, is that OpenOffice doesn't require internet access in order to be used, however, if the Google spell check and word association was to be implemented (and the proper place to make suggestions like this is to the Development Mailing List) is the fact that OpenOffice would not work correctly unless an internet connection was available.
I realize that most people would be using OpenOffice on a system that has an internet connection, but I, and probably others, occasionally use OpenOffice on a system that doesn't always have an internet connection, thus for those people, at those times, OpenOffice would no longer work properly for them.
OpenOffice 4.1.7, LibreOffice 7.0.1.2 on Windows 7 Pro, Ultimate & Windows 10 Home (2004)
If you believe your problem has been resolved, please go to your first post in this topic, click the Edit button and add [Solved] to the beginning of the Subject line.
John_Ha
Volunteer

Post by John_Ha »

We are not here to take requests for changes to the software as we cannot make changes.

We help users to use the software as it is supplied.

So, if you want help, please explain precisely what is not working for you in sufficient detail that we can understand and replicate the problem.

If it is a spell check problem go to the first post in the Writer forum where all the fixes and set up are explained or check the Writer Guide - see Chapters 2 and 3.

As a new poster you will find much useful information in the Writer FAQ, the Writer Tutorials, the up to date Writer guide and the Writer Manual. May I suggest you bookmark the pages.

Press F1 to access the Help screen and search for your problem

The chapter headings in the manual are:

1 - Introducing Writer
2 - Setting up Writer
3 - Working with Text
4 - Formatting Pages
5 - Printing, Exporting, Faxing and E-Mailing
6 - Introduction to Styles
7 - Working with Styles
8 - Working with Graphics
9 - Working with Tables
10 - Working with Templates
11 - Using Mail Merge
12 - Tables of Contents, Indexes and Bibliographies
13 - Working with Master Documents
14 - Working with Fields
15 - Using Forms in Writer
16 - Customizing Writer – Keyboard shortcuts.

When a pop-up window opens, click the Help button for extensive help on that function - it is often more comprehensive than the manual.
LO 6.4.4.2, Windows 10 Home 64 bit

See the Writer Guide, the Writer FAQ, the Writer Tutorials and Writer for students.

Remember: Always save your Writer files as .odt files. - see here for the many reasons why.