[Solved] Unwanted enlarged text

Discuss the word processor
willc453

[Solved] Unwanted enlarged text

Post by willc453 »

Been writing stories using Open Office and saving them on a regular basis as in while writing them and when they are completed. Just finished chapter 25 which is 9 pages long. For me, the front/back of a piece of paper is 2 pages. I had saved this chapter, then thought of something else to add to it, but now the text has been enlarged something like 25 times it's normal size?! :oops: I did NOT hit any of the F keys, so NO idea how or why this happened. I restarted my computer and text is still enlarged. Any help appreciated.
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: tagged solved
Microsoft openoffice 4.1.6
FJCC

Re: Unwanted enlarged text

Post by FJCC »

I am not sure whether the size of your font has changed or just the view of the document.
First check the Zoom setting with the menu item View -> Zoom. Set it to 100% if it is not already there. If that does not fix the problem, check the font size in the Formatting tool bar. This is usually just under the main tool bar. Starting at the left, it shows the paragraph style on the left (probably Default or Text Body), then the font, then the font size. The font size should be 10 or 12, probably. If the formatting tool bar is not visible, choose the menu item View -> Toolbars -> Formatting. If the font size is very large, select all of the text using CTRL + A and then select the menu item Format -> Default Formatting.
OpenOffice 4.1 on Windows 10 and Linux Mint
If your question is answered, please go to your first post, select the Edit button, and add [Solved] to the beginning of the title.
willc453

Re: Unwanted enlarged text

Post by willc453 »

Thank you....some how the zoom view got changed. Put it back to 100% and everything's back to normal. For easier reading online, font size is 14. Thanks again. :D
Microsoft openoffice 4.1.6