Disable auto recovery

Discuss the word processor
empleat

Disable auto recovery

Post by empleat »

Hello,
i am annoyed, everytime i start pc, i have to recorver my document.
i already tried solution uncheck disable autorecorvery infomation every and it didn't work.
Thanks for help.
OpenOffice 4.13 on Windows 10
Zizi64
Volunteer

Re: disable auto recorvery

Post by Zizi64 »

i am annoyed, everytime i start pc, i have to recorver my document.
Do not switch off your computer while the AOO / LO is running. Save your files, then close your documents first, close all of the AOO / LO applications. Then, wait a few minutes after (while the puffers of the operating system will be written on the physical layer of the storage device). The Op. Sys. and the embedded software of the storege devices have a relative long delay time.

When you prompt switch off the devices, the data in the puffers will be destroyed. It is not related to the office suite softwares, it is a property of the storage devices.

To eliminate the last recovery procedure: clink on the 'No' ('Cancel'?) button of the recovery function. (I do not remember the label of the button in the recovery function, because it appeared for me long time ago.)
Tibor Kovacs, Hungary; LO7.5.8 /Win7-10 x64Prof.
PortableApps/winPenPack: LO3.3.0-7.6.2;AOO4.1.14
Please, edit the initial post in the topic: add the word [Solved] at the beginning of the subject line - if your problem has been solved.
RoryOF

Re: Disable auto recovery

Post by RoryOF »

Just to correct Zizi64's remark: one need only wait a few seconds, not minutes, for the internal buffers of the hard disk to flush before powering off or snapping a laptop lid shut.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
tldag

Post by tldag »

Please help
more than 10 years I use OO
Now in 4.1
how to disable in beginning Start recovery
I have read something to delete file in registry recovery.xcu
but can t find it
thank you
Open Office 4.2 on windows 7
Hagar Delest

Post by Hagar Delest »

LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10
RoryOF

Post by RoryOF »

If you are being prompted always to recover the same file, click "Cancel" at the prompt and you will no longer be prompted to recover that file.

If you are often prompted to recover the last file on which you worked, you need to close your file properly, then wait a few seconds before powering off your computer, as discussed earlier in this thread.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS