[Solved] Ghost page in file

Discuss the word processor
overlordhavoc

[Solved] Ghost page in file

Post by overlordhavoc »

My company document maker spews out an odt file that says it has three pages but in reality only has two.
I can not seem to delete te extra page and it contains no data and doesn't print along with the other pages.
I will attach an example of the file (where i have deleted most of the text that is usually in the document).
I have been looking online and on this forum for all kinds of solutions to ghost pages but i have yet to find a working solution.
Attachments
Page3.odt
(22.53 KiB) Downloaded 82 times
Last edited by overlordhavoc on Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Windows 7 - Apache Openoffice 4.1.3
RoryOF

Re: Ghost page in file

Post by RoryOF »

Your two page styles both start on a right page. Make your second style start on a left page or on a default page style. The page numbering shows that there is the "ghost page" between the first page (number 1) and the second page (number 3).
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
overlordhavoc

Post by overlordhavoc »

Thanks for the quick reply!
When i right click the pages and check the tab it says "left and right" for both pages?
I can't seem to change it so that the extra page disappears...
RoryOF

Post by RoryOF »

On the Page Style definitions, the layout settings are Right and left and as the second page uses a different page style it starts on a Right page. Change the layout settings for that style to Only Left and all should be well.

But I think your Page Styles need to be reconsidered so this problem does not arise repeatedly.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
Bill
Volunteer

Post by Bill »

overlordhavoc wrote:Thanks for the quick reply!
When i right click the pages and check the tab it says "left and right" for both pages?
I can't seem to change it so that the extra page disappears...
The problem isn't the page layout setting. It's the page number setting. Click in the top line of the first page and select Format > Paragraph > Text Flow. The page number is set to "1". Now click in the top line of the second page and select Table > Table Properties > Text Flow. The second page is also set to "1". All odd-numbered pages are right pages, so a blank left page is inserted between them.
AOO 4.1.14 on Ubuntu MATE 22.04
overlordhavoc

Post by overlordhavoc »

That was it!
This problem has been bugging me (and other collegues) for about a year now.
Thank you very much!