Last line of document deleted when sent by email

Discuss the word processor
morggan

Last line of document deleted when sent by email

Post by morggan »

Hi there,
Every time I email a file, the person who receives the attachment tells me it has arrived with the last sentence cut off. It happened several times with different files and to different people. It is always the last line cut off. I think maybe my Open Office is corrupted, and also I have to upgrade to the last version (mine is 4.1.3 for Mac), but I just wanted to know if any of you had the same issue. Also, do I need to uninstall Open Office before installing the last version? Would the latest version resolve the issue?
Thanks!
Laura
Open Office 4.1.3 on MacOS Sierra 10.12.6
FJCC

Re: Last line of document deleted when sent by email

Post by FJCC »

Are you saving in the .doc format? There was a fairly long thread about that with a suggested solution, sort of: Missing last line.
OpenOffice 4.1 on Windows 10 and Linux Mint
If your question is answered, please go to your first post, select the Edit button, and add [Solved] to the beginning of the title.
morggan

Post by morggan »

Yes, I save it in .doc format. I'll check the thread you mention, thanks!!
Open Office 4.1.3 on MacOS Sierra 10.12.6
John_Ha
Volunteer

Post by John_Ha »

morggan wrote:do I need to uninstall Open Office before installing the last version? Would the latest version resolve the issue?
No and no as it seems to be a MS Word problem.

See [Tutorial] Differences between Writer and MS Word files for why you should always work in and save files as .odt.
LO 6.4.4.2, Windows 10 Home 64 bit

See the Writer Guide, the Writer FAQ, the Writer Tutorials and Writer for students.

Remember: Always save your Writer files as .odt files. - see here for the many reasons why.