Open on one page view

Discuss the word processor

Open on one page view

Postby iwant » Sat Oct 20, 2018 6:58 pm

about a month ago all my documents started opening as two page view rather than one page. I can now open a document, change the view to one page from two page, save and close it. Then open the same document a few minutes later to have it in two page view again.

It doesn't matter if I change the view with the view > zoom or by clicking on the little page marker on the lower right corner of the screen.

This has happened on both my computers - I do move documents back and forth os might have transferred something from one to the other as part of a document.

Some default or something has been changed. How do I change it back?

Thanks.
openoffice 4.1.2 on windows 10
iwant

Re: Open on one page view

Postby Zizi64 » Sat Oct 20, 2018 11:09 pm

Check the "page view" icons near the zoom slider at the right-bottom corner of the application window. Click on the "single page view" icon.
Tibor Kovacs, Hungary; LO4.4.7, LO6.1.1 on Win7x64Prof.
PortableApps, winPenPack: LO3.3.0-LO6.1.2 and AOO4.1.5
Please, edit the initial post in the topic: add the word [Solved] at the beginning of the subject line - if your problem has been solved.
Zizi64
Volunteer

Re: Open on one page view

Postby John_Ha » Sun Oct 21, 2018 12:00 am

If you have inserted some text in Tools > Options > OpenOffice > User data - I think it requires it - then the one page, book view, 2,3,4,5 ..., pages setting is saved with the document you are editing when you save it.
AOO 4.1.5, Windows 7 Home 64 bit

See the Writer Manual, the Writer FAQ, the Writer Tutorials and the Writer guide.

Remember: Always save your Writer files as .odt files. - see here for the many reasons why.
John_Ha
Volunteer

Return to Writer