Discuss the word processor
drddlyon

[Solved] Writer Spell check error

Post by drddlyon »

Dave Elvers <drddlyon@gmail.com>

11:06 AM (20 minutes ago)

to bugzilla
AOO Techy
First off I don't use macros. Removing and reinstalling does not solve the problem nor does the repair option nor does removing and installing an older version. 91934 and 121930 are one and the same issue as far as I can see, but the problems which causes it may be different. Which should be an easy fix. this is the first issue that I've had with OpenOffice and for me, as a writer, it is a critical one.
I really like this program and have donated to it in the past and would like to continue. Tried some of the simple checks and it says that English standard dictionary is installed :crazy: I'm using OpenOffice 4.1.5 on Windows 7, please help
drddlyon@gmail.com
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: tagged solved
OpenOffice 4.1.5 on Windows 7
Bill
Volunteer

Re: Writer Spell check error

Post by Bill »

Please describe the problem. "Spell check error" implies that there is an error message. Was there an error message? How is the problem related to use of macros?

Most spell check problems are caused by corruption of the user profile which won't be fixed by reinstalling the program. The most common solution is to reset the user profile.
AOO 4.1.14 on Ubuntu MATE 22.04
robleyd

Post by robleyd »

If the problem is all words red underlined, please see [Solved] Spell Check Not Working (words red underlined)
Cheers
David
OS - Slackware 15 64 bit
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15
LibreOffice 24.2.2.2; SlackBuild for 24.2.2 by Eric Hameleers
drddlyon

Post by drddlyon »

Yup, applied the python fix and that cleared the red wiggly lines, but I lost my spell checker. So I went to extensions, but couldn't find the extension for the Americain English and Thesaurus, so I used the Canadian one. When I clicked add, it opens a box and asked me where do I want to save it ??? Where do I want to save it? Now I have no spell checker, How and where do I find The American version and where do I install it?
Thx Dave
drddlyon

Post by drddlyon »

I tried adding dict-en-20180901 with download it said there was no folder C:\Users\Valued Customer\AppData\Roaming\OpenOffice\4\user\uno_packages\cache\uno_packages\ there was no sv7gc0x.tmp_ folder so I added it and copied the dictionary to it still get the same error message when I try to install it correct that Fool around, fool around, Fool around and I fixed it thx for your help.
Dave