Work lost after saving

Discuss the word processor
gasperlie92

Work lost after saving

Post by gasperlie92 »

Last weekend (15th/16th September) I did some work on open office 4.0.1 and saved on both days. I have gone to continue it today and only the work saved on the 15th is showing on the document. Nothing from the 16th. Is there anyway of me recovering my work from the 16th?

Thank you

Title Edited. A descriptive title for posts helps others who are searching for solutions and increases the chances of a reply [robleyd, Moderator].
Openoffice 4.0.1
RusselB

Re: Help

Post by RusselB »

There might be a possibility, but how you go about trying it is dependent on your operating system.
Personally, I think something must've went wrong when you did the save on Sept. 16th... the number of options is staggering, ranging anywhere from your system shutting down before the data was completely written, to the date/time on your computer being off of what you were thinking (especially if you're thinking shortly after midnight on the 16th).
OpenOffice 4.1.7, LibreOffice 7.0.1.2 on Windows 7 Pro, Ultimate & Windows 10 Home (2004)
If you believe your problem has been resolved, please go to your first post in this topic, click the Edit button and add [Solved] to the beginning of the Subject line.
gasperlie92

Post by gasperlie92 »

Nothing unusual happened when I clicked save and then shut down my computer. Another document I was working on at the same time shows the date as the 16th. It's just my other document....
Openoffice 4.0.1
RusselB

Post by RusselB »

While you didn't supply the type of operating system you are using, I have found that this tutorial has been edited to allow for both Windows and Mac users.
If you are using something else, then please specify your operating system so relevant information can be provided.
OpenOffice 4.1.7, LibreOffice 7.0.1.2 on Windows 7 Pro, Ultimate & Windows 10 Home (2004)
If you believe your problem has been resolved, please go to your first post in this topic, click the Edit button and add [Solved] to the beginning of the Subject line.