Special characters not exported to PDF

Discuss the word processor
Nance

Special characters not exported to PDF

Post by Nance »

Hi, in Dutch and French we often use special characters such as: é ù ç etc... I am using Apple SD Gothic Neo font, but while exporting to PDF, the special characters are modified into another strange character. I've used the online converter ODTtoPDF website, but it created an even stranger outcome. I have changed the font for that particular part, but it should convert it right anyone, not?
Any suggestions? Thanks!
Zizi64
Volunteer

Re: Special characters not exported to PDF

Post by Zizi64 »

I am using Apple SD Gothic Neo font,
Very few persons have such font. If you not embed it into the PDF file, then the specian characters will not appear properly.
That font is a commercial product. Maybe the licence of the font not allow you to embed into a document.

Use free and open source fonts, that are bundled the installation file of the LibreOffice.
I've used the online converter ODTtoPDF website,
Has the website such commercial font?
Have you tried the built-in PDF export function of the Office suite, or a third party PDF printer software? Or such things not exist in the MAC world?
Tibor Kovacs, Hungary; LO7.5.8 /Win7-10 x64Prof.
PortableApps/winPenPack: LO3.3.0-7.6.2;AOO4.1.14
Please, edit the initial post in the topic: add the word [Solved] at the beginning of the subject line - if your problem has been solved.