Dropdown menus linked

Discuss the word processor
INSPECTOR1313

Dropdown menus linked

Post by INSPECTOR1313 »

My company uses OpenOffice for a number of forms in our industry, and I was the one that formatted them but I was hoping that there is an easier solution than what we currently use. Is there a way in Open Office writer to clone the dropdown menus. In other words, in my fire alarm inspection report there are several instances where I have put a dropdown menu for the current date, and I wanted to know if there was a way that when I selected the date in the first one if it could somehow clone itself to the rest of them. It would save a lot of time when I am filling out that form, any help would be appreciated.
OpenOffice 4.1.3 on Windows 10
FJCC

Re: Dropdown menus linked

Post by FJCC »

It sounds to me like you want a cross reference set to the first date and then references to that located throughout the document. Could you upload a small example file so we can see exactly what you are working with? To upload a file, click Post Reply and look for the Upload Attachment tab just below the box where you type a response.
OpenOffice 4.1 on Windows 10 and Linux Mint
If your question is answered, please go to your first post, select the Edit button, and add [Solved] to the beginning of the title.
INSPECTOR1313

Post by INSPECTOR1313 »

here ya go...this is a small inspection form...date at the top, then again in section 9 and section 10 twice
Attachments
3 page report blank for forum.odt
(29.85 KiB) Downloaded 81 times
OpenOffice 4.1.3 on Windows 10
FJCC

Post by FJCC »

My idea of using Cross References did not work out. The only other suggestion, which may not be better than what you have already, is to assign a key short cut to the process of Insert -> Date. You do that through the menu Tools -> Customize and then choosing the Keyboard tab.
OpenOffice 4.1 on Windows 10 and Linux Mint
If your question is answered, please go to your first post, select the Edit button, and add [Solved] to the beginning of the title.
Hagar Delest

Post by Hagar Delest »

Couldn't find a good way either.

If you forget about the calendar field, then you could use fields so that you enter the date once and it's cascaded in the other locations.
See: [Solved] User fields? Input fields? Hopelessly confused.

Please add [Solved] at the beginning of the title in your first post (top of the topic) with the *EDIT button if your issue has been fixed.
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10