[Solved] Chinese keyboard pb when toggling back to English

Discuss the word processor
singasheen

[Solved] Chinese keyboard pb when toggling back to English

Post by singasheen »

I have been using the Chinese keyboard in the language bar (simplified PRC - pinyin input) for a long time. I press the Shift key to toggle between typing in Chinese and English. I am using SimSun font for Chinese and Times New Roman for English.
Everything was fine until just now. When I press the Shift key, it reverts to English text but not in Times New Roman. It gives me a sans serif font, with the characters widely spaced. The font box in the menu bar still says "Times New Roman". If I highlight the text and select "Times New Roman", the text still stays in the wrong font.
I opened a new document (attached) and the same thing happened. The font box said "Andale Sans UI". I pressed Ctrl-A and selected Times New Roman, the font box now says Times New Roman but the text doesn't change.
I can work around this by going to the language bar and manually selecting EN every time I want to toggle back to English, but I would rather just be able to use the Shift key to do this. Help please!
Attachments
AC 2.odt
sample of problem
(10.13 KiB) Downloaded 79 times
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: tagged solved
Open Office 4.1.5, Windows 7
singasheen

Re: Chinese keyboard problem when toggling back to English

Post by singasheen »

I seem to have solved this for now by removing CH keyboard and then reinstalling it.
Open Office 4.1.5, Windows 7