[Solved] Table number format

Discuss the word processor
mtwine

[Solved] Table number format

Post by mtwine »

Table number format keeps reverting to date no matter how many times I reset it user-defined. How do I keep it at user-defined? tx.
Last edited by mtwine on Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Open Office 4.1.5
Windows 10
Hagar Delest

Re: Table number format

Post by Hagar Delest »

What application? Writer or Calc?
Have you unchecked the Number recognition if in Writer?

Please add [Solved] at the beginning of the title in your first post (top of the topic) with the edit button if your issue has been fixed.
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10
mtwine

Post by mtwine »

I did finally find the Number Recognition box and unchecked it. I'm in Writer, I think (doing a table with words and numbers so I guess that's where I am???). I should be all set, right? Thanks!
Open Office 4.1.5
Windows 10
RusselB

Post by RusselB »

Since you found the Number Recognition box, you have to be using Writer, as Calc does not have that box (kind of ridiculous to have it in a program that deals mainly with numbers).
A "table" with words and numbers could easily be made in Calc, so that information is irrelevant.
In Writer, to use a table, you have to create the table first, then fill in the information.
In Calc, you would just have to enter the information.

I concur that you should be all set in regards to the problem that you submitted.
Don't hesitate to make a new topic if you have any other questions, but also remember to check the help file and search the forums before asking.
OpenOffice 4.1.7, LibreOffice 7.0.1.2 on Windows 7 Pro, Ultimate & Windows 10 Home (2004)
If you believe your problem has been resolved, please go to your first post in this topic, click the Edit button and add [Solved] to the beginning of the Subject line.
mtwine

Re: (Solved) Table number format

Post by mtwine »

I think I did it right. Thanks so much for your help!
Open Office 4.1.5
Windows 10