Page Numbering Addon Scripting Framework Errors

Discuss the word processor
Bill
Volunteer

Page Numbering Addon Scripting Framework Errors

Post by Bill »

I installed the Page Numbering Addon in LO 6.0.5.2 and AOO 4.1.5 on Manjaro Mate. After restarting LO or AOO Writer and opening a sample 10-page document, I select Insert > Page Numbering to add page numbers to the document, but in both cases I get a Scripting Framework error. I get the same errors on Ubuntu Mate 18.04. How do I eliminate the errors so I can use the addon?
OpenOffice error message
OpenOffice error message
LibreOffice error message
LibreOffice error message
AOO 4.1.14 on Ubuntu MATE 22.04
John_Ha
Volunteer

Re: Page Numbering Addon Scripting Framework Errors

Post by John_Ha »

See Re: [Solved] Begin page numbering on page 8 where the author announces it.

My immediate concern was that pagination can be complex and I wondered if the addon could cope with all of pagination's idiosyncrasies and variants. In particular, I was thinking of the Following Style page attribute.

I will be pleased to be proved wrong.
LO 6.4.4.2, Windows 10 Home 64 bit

See the Writer Guide, the Writer FAQ, the Writer Tutorials and Writer for students.

Remember: Always save your Writer files as .odt files. - see here for the many reasons why.
arvchristos

Post by arvchristos »

Bill wrote:I installed the Page Numbering Addon in LO 6.0.5.2 and AOO 4.1.5 on Manjaro Mate. After restarting LO or AOO Writer and opening a sample 10-page document, I select Insert > Page Numbering to add page numbers to the document, but in both cases I get a Scripting Framework error. I get the same errors on Ubuntu Mate 18.04. How do I eliminate the errors so I can use the addon?
OpenOffice error.png
LibreOffice error.png
Fixed the link. Now you should not face any problems. Sorry for the inconvenience
Libreoffice 5 and openoffice 4 on Archlabs
Bill
Volunteer

Post by Bill »

arvchristos wrote:Fixed the link. Now you should not face any problems.
Thanks. After downloading from the new link, it's working in LO, but I'm getting a different Scripting Framework Error in AOO 4.1.5.
New OpenOffice error
New OpenOffice error
AOO 4.1.14 on Ubuntu MATE 22.04
arvchristos

Post by arvchristos »

Bill wrote:
Thanks. After downloading from the new link, it's working in LO, but I'm getting a different Scripting Framework Error in AOO 4.1.5.
OpenOffice_Error.png
I am glad it worked in LO. For OpenOffice I hope to fix soon this issue and test it. THis is the reason I have not posted the extension in Apache Extensions yet. Thanks for the feedback.
arvchristos

Post by arvchristos »

arvchristos wrote:
Bill wrote:
OpenOffice_Error.png
I am glad it worked in LO. For OpenOffice I hope to fix soon this issue and test it. THis is the reason I have not posted the extension in Apache Extensions yet. Thanks for the feedback.
Regardless of how much time will be needed for this to be published in Apache Extensions, you can grab an OO compatible version from here:

https://github.com/eellak/gsoc2018-libr ... -0.0.1.oxt

I will post a new reply as soon as the extension is published in the Extensions website. Hope this helps.
arvchristos

Post by arvchristos »

Here is the link from extensions.openoffice

https://extensions.openoffice.org/en/pr ... ring-addon
arvchristos

Post by arvchristos »

John_Ha wrote:See Re: [Solved] Begin page numbering on page 8 where the author announces it.

My immediate concern was that pagination can be complex and I wondered if the addon could cope with all of pagination's idiosyncrasies and variants. In particular, I was thinking of the Following Style page attribute.

I will be pleased to be proved wrong.
I decided to preserve the page style that applies to the first numbered page each time (thus its properties). However, any different approach you may think of is really helpful!