[Solved] Columns - adding and removing in Page Style

Discuss the word processor
Lee-Gwen

[Solved] Columns - adding and removing in Page Style

Post by Lee-Gwen »

Hi all,

I wonder if anyone can help me with this problem?

I am putting together a cookbook for my friends and family and I have some very clear ideas about how it should lay out. Open Office seems to have other views.

Basically, I want the first, second, and final page to have no columns and the body of the cookbook to be divided into pages of 2 columns. I have managed to get the cover page right but everything I try on the subsequent pages is applied to the rest of the document. I have attached a copy of the file to show what I mean.

This is driving me not-so-quietly insane so I would seriously appreciate some help!

Lee-Gwen
Attachments
Cookbook template.odt
(11.45 KiB) Downloaded 53 times
Last edited by robleyd on Fri Jul 06, 2018 11:54 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Add green tick [robleyd, Moderator]
Open Office 4.1.5 installed on Windows 7
FJCC

Re: Columns - adding and removing in Page Style

Post by FJCC »

I defined a page style with one column and named it OneColumn. I applied that to the first page and it naturally continued to the second page. I used the backspace key to delete the page break between the second and third pages and then reinserted it, setting the Style in the page break dialog to be Default. You had already defined Default to have two columns. For the last page, I again deleted the existing page break and reinserted it, this time setting the Style to be OneColumn.
Attachments
Columns.odt
(11.36 KiB) Downloaded 50 times
OpenOffice 4.1 on Windows 10 and Linux Mint
If your question is answered, please go to your first post, select the Edit button, and add [Solved] to the beginning of the title.
Lee-Gwen

Re: Columns - adding and removing in Page Style

Post by Lee-Gwen »

Oh, you are wonderful! Thank you so much.
:D
Open Office 4.1.5 installed on Windows 7