[Solved] Page View

Discuss the word processor
vicswitchblade

[Solved] Page View

Post by vicswitchblade »

Hello, I save song lyrics and chords on Open Office text documents. It is important for me to be able to view the whole document without needing to scroll so I can sing them uninterrupted. This works very well for me mostly as I can see the saved document as two pages, side by side...I view them in 'full screen' mode. Some documents however only show as one page and so need scrolling....impossible while playing a guitar. I can't see what I am doing wrong...why some save perfectly, others not so. It has to be a setting but I am blowed if I can find it. Can anyone help please?
Last edited by RoryOF on Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Added [Solved] and green tick [RoryOF. Moderator]
OpenOffice 3.1 on Windows Vista
RoryOF

Re: Page View

Post by RoryOF »

Three little icons at bottom right of OpenOffice. Click on the rightmost (a pair of pages, as the "ope" of a book), and choose a scaling that suits by pulling the slider to their right.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
Tech_Sau
Banned

Post by Tech_Sau »

Hi vicswitchblade,

You can change the setting of txt documents while opening the same by clicking on the "3 dots" button on the bottom right corner of the document you saved.
This can change the layout according to your choice even you can see 3 or pages side by side (although resolution will be low) which would be beneficial for your long music notes.
Rock it.
[url=http://www.sntechsolutions.in]Nancy- Solution Provider[/url]
vicswitchblade

Post by vicswitchblade »

Thanks for the advice...but I tried it and managed to make it worse! I am getting a page and can scroll down to another page but not a side-by side view. When I click at the bottom right I get a page in the top right corner and one in the bottom left corner...not side be side. I am sure this is something simple...any ideas?
RoryOF

Post by RoryOF »

You might need the middle icon, and adjust your scale.
vicswitchblade

Post by vicswitchblade »

Yes! Perfect...thanks you both so much!
RoryOF

Post by RoryOF »

Sorry, I should have directed you to the middle icon in the first place. The right-hand icon shows the "ope" of a book; this is always with an even numbered page to the left, an odd numbered age to the right. Because the first page of a book is conventionally "1" (it is the first!) it has no matching left page; so the first page is displayed at the right of the screen. Subsequent pairs of pages are then shown 2-3,4-5, etc.