Image in Page Style

Discuss the word processor
Jan van Leyden

Image in Page Style

Post by Jan van Leyden »

I have designed alternating page styles with two columns, having different margins on inside and outside. Now I want to include an image on the respective outside of the pages.

I haven't found a way to do this. I've tried it with a frame, but it seems to be connected to a single page instead of the style.
OpenOffice 4.1.2 on Windows 7 SP1
RoryOF

Re: Image in Page Style

Post by RoryOF »

Place the anchor for the frame in the header or footer of one of the pages - it will then appear in all instances of that Page Style, but will not form part of the defined page style.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
Jan van Leyden

Post by Jan van Leyden »

Thank you for our quick answer!

Okay, so when working with master and sub doucuments, I'd have to repeat this for each sub document, right?
OpenOffice 4.1.2 on Windows 7 SP1
RoryOF

Post by RoryOF »

I can't answer for the use of Master Documents, as I never use them.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
John_Ha
Volunteer

Post by John_Ha »

Jan van Leyden wrote:I have designed alternating page styles with two columns, having different margins on inside and outside.
Mirrored is best for that
Jan van Leyden wrote:Okay, so when working with master and sub documents, I'd have to repeat this for each sub document, right?
It is simplest if all sub documents use the same page format as the master document because the sub document layout does not change when it is pulled into the master. Search the forum, or see Chapter 13 - Working with Master Documents in the manual.

Showing that a problem has been solved helps others searching so, if your problem is now solved, please view your first post in this thread and click the Edit button (top right in the post) and add [Solved] in front of the subject.
LO 6.4.4.2, Windows 10 Home 64 bit

See the Writer Guide, the Writer FAQ, the Writer Tutorials and Writer for students.

Remember: Always save your Writer files as .odt files. - see here for the many reasons why.