Format menu shortcuts

Discuss the word processor
Earthwalker

Format menu shortcuts

Post by Earthwalker »

My keyboarding is less than accurate so I am plagued with formatting menus flipping up constantly as I'm working in Writer. Is there a way to turn that off? I know it's faster to use shortcuts but I'd be happier to do the extra steps of fishing through ribbon menus for the formatting that I need and having the keyboard do nothing but add letters.
OpenOffice 4.0.1 on Windows 10
Zizi64
Volunteer

Re: Format menu shortcuts

Post by Zizi64 »

I suggest you: use the styles (paragraph-, character- and other styles) instead of the direct (manual) formatting.
Tibor Kovacs, Hungary; LO7.5.8 /Win7-10 x64Prof.
PortableApps/winPenPack: LO3.3.0-7.6.2;AOO4.1.14
Please, edit the initial post in the topic: add the word [Solved] at the beginning of the subject line - if your problem has been solved.
Villeroy
Volunteer

Post by Villeroy »

Type your text into a minimalistic editor. Windows comes with "NotePad" (only raw text) and with "WordPad" (minimal formatting).
If you still need anything more advanced, copy the text, paste-special as plain text into Writer and apply styles.
 Edit: Just noticed that WordPad can write ODF files (*.odt) 
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04 with LibreOffice 6.0, latest OpenOffice and LibreOffice
keme
Volunteer

Post by keme »

Google suggests a few solutions for temporarily disabling modifier keys. Most of the solutions involve installing AutoHotkey or similar software.
https://www.howtogeek.com/194811/how-to ... ur-gaming/