Rotating a spreadsheet in Writer

Discuss the word processor
mikesbrother

Rotating a spreadsheet in Writer

Post by mikesbrother »

I have created an Openoffice Calc Spreadsheet and have inserted it into an OpenOffice Writer document but I need to turn the spreadsheet through 90 degrees but cannot see how to do this.
Any help would be appreciated.
OpenOffice 4.1.3 on Windows 10 Pro
John_Ha
Volunteer

Re: Rotating a spreadsheet in Writer

Post by John_Ha »

Welcome to the forum.

Search for transpose in Calc Help and transpose the data before copying it.

As a new poster you will find much useful information in the Writer FAQ, the Writer Tutorials, the up to date Writer guide and the AOO Manuals. May I suggest you bookmark the pages.

When a pop-up window opens, click the Help button for extensive help on that function - it is often more comprehensive than the manual.

If your problem is solved please view your first post in this thread and click the Edit button (top right in the post) and add [Solved] in front of the subject.
LO 6.4.4.2, Windows 10 Home 64 bit

See the Writer Guide, the Writer FAQ, the Writer Tutorials and Writer for students.

Remember: Always save your Writer files as .odt files. - see here for the many reasons why.
Villeroy
Volunteer

Post by Villeroy »

You can not rotate this object. Rotate the page instead.
Get the stylist window (F11), click the page style button and double-click the style named "Landscape".
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04 with LibreOffice 6.0, latest OpenOffice and LibreOffice
mikesbrother

Post by mikesbrother »

Thanks,
I changed it to Landscape within writer but it has changed all the pages in the document to landscape when I only need this particular one to be landscape.
OpenOffice 4.1.3 on Windows 10 Pro
UnklDonald418
Volunteer

Post by UnklDonald418 »

From the recommendations from John_Ha
[Tutorial] Using landscape and portrait pages
If your problem has been solved, please edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the beginning of the subject line
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.14 & LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 (x86_64) - Windows 10 Professional- Windows 11
Villeroy
Volunteer

Post by Villeroy »

mikesbrother wrote:Thanks,
I changed it to Landscape within writer but it has changed all the pages in the document to landscape when I only need this particular one to be landscape.
Sorry, my bad.
Put the cursor before the first character of the page in question or behind the last character of the previous page and call menu:Insert>Manual Break... Page Break, stlye "Landscape".
Put the cursor before the first character of the next page in question or the last character of this page and call menu:Insert>Manual Break... Page Break, style "Default".
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04 with LibreOffice 6.0, latest OpenOffice and LibreOffice