Zoom In and Zoom Out buttons don't work

Discuss the word processor
CatBookWriter

Zoom In and Zoom Out buttons don't work

Post by CatBookWriter »

I can customize the page zoom on the options dialog, but the zoom plus and zoom minus buttons are always gray and unclickable no matter what I am doing. What causes this and dhow can I fix it?
OpenOffice 4.1.5 on Windows 10
Zizi64
Volunteer

Re: Zoom In and Zoom Out buttons don't work

Post by Zizi64 »

The Zoom in, Zoom out works in the Draw application only. And the Draw has more zoom features too...
Tibor Kovacs, Hungary; LO7.5.8 /Win7-10 x64Prof.
PortableApps/winPenPack: LO3.3.0-7.6.2;AOO4.1.14
Please, edit the initial post in the topic: add the word [Solved] at the beginning of the subject line - if your problem has been solved.
Bill
Volunteer

Post by Bill »

CatBookWriter wrote:I can customize the page zoom on the options dialog, ...
How do I open this options dialog? Options dialogs are opened using Tools > Options ... Do you mean the "Zoom & View Layout" dialog opened by selecting View > Zoom?
CatBookWriter wrote:...but the zoom plus and zoom minus buttons ...
Where are these buttons? Do you mean the small circled + and - at the ends of the zoom slider in the Status Bar? Those have a pale blue shading on my system and work as expected when clicked.
CatBookWriter wrote:... are always gray and unclickable no matter what I am doing. What causes this and dhow can I fix it?
AOO 4.1.14 on Ubuntu MATE 22.04
Zizi64
Volunteer

Post by Zizi64 »

CatBookWriter wrote:
...but the zoom plus and zoom minus buttons ...

Where are these buttons? Do you mean the small circled + and - at the ends of the zoom slider in the Status Bar? Those have a pale blue shading on my system and work as expected when clicked.
You can customize the toolbars, and can add some new functions. There are two "manual magnifier" icons with + an - signs in the "lens" in the toolset with name "Zoom in" and "Zoom out". When you add them into a toolbar, they will greyed, and they will not work in the Writer application. Bet they work in the Draw application.
Zoom in, Zoom out function in the Draw application
Zoom in, Zoom out function in the Draw application
Tibor Kovacs, Hungary; LO7.5.8 /Win7-10 x64Prof.
PortableApps/winPenPack: LO3.3.0-7.6.2;AOO4.1.14
Please, edit the initial post in the topic: add the word [Solved] at the beginning of the subject line - if your problem has been solved.
CatBookWriter

Post by CatBookWriter »

Bill wrote:
CatBookWriter wrote:I can customize the page zoom on the options dialog, ...
How do I open this options dialog? Options dialogs are opened using Tools > Options ... Do you mean the "Zoom & View Layout" dialog opened by selecting View > Zoom?
Click on the magnifying glass without a plus or minus symbol inside. The dialog is for fit width, optimal fit, variable fit (choose zoom percentage), fit width and height, and zoom 100% options.
CatBookWriter wrote:...but the zoom plus and zoom minus buttons ...
Where are these buttons? Do you mean the small circled + and - at the ends of the zoom slider in the Status Bar? Those have a pale blue shading on my system and work as expected when clicked.[/quote]

They are the magnifying glasses with plus and minus symbols inside. They are located on the standard toolbar by default.
RoryOF

Post by RoryOF »

It is probably as quick to right click in % box at bottom right and select one of the preset zoom levels.

When you drive a car, you accept (and learn) the controls and instruments as they are. It should be the same with a computer program.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
Bill
Volunteer

Post by Bill »

CatBookWriter wrote:They are the magnifying glasses with plus and minus symbols inside. They are located on the standard toolbar by default.
Your Standard Toolbar has been customized. The Zoom icon (without plus and/or minus symbols) that opens the Zoom & View Layout is on the Standard Toolbar by default, but the icons with the plus and minus symbols aren't visible and aren't on the list opened by clicking "Visible Buttons" on the right end of the toolbar. I had to click "Customize Toolbar" and add those icons to make them appear on the toolbar. Resetting the user profile restores the default settings and the icons with the plus and minus symbols disappear.
CatBookWriter

Post by CatBookWriter »

Bill wrote:
CatBookWriter wrote:They are the magnifying glasses with plus and minus symbols inside. They are located on the standard toolbar by default.
Your Standard Toolbar has been customized. The Zoom icon (without plus and/or minus symbols) that opens the Zoom & View Layout is on the Standard Toolbar by default, but the icons with the plus and minus symbols aren't visible and aren't on the list opened by clicking "Visible Buttons" on the right end of the toolbar. I had to click "Customize Toolbar" and add those icons to make them appear on the toolbar. Resetting the user profile restores the default settings and the icons with the plus and minus symbols disappear.
Are you looking at my customiazations? I did not know other people could do that. Because of previous replies, I removed the plus and minus zoom buttons.
Bill
Volunteer

Post by Bill »

CatBookWriter wrote:Are you looking at my customiazations? I did not know other people could do that.
Of course not, but I can look at the default toolbars on my system which will be the same as on your system or anyone else's system.
CatBookWriter

Post by CatBookWriter »

I guess there is nothing that can be done to make the buttons work in Writer. In that case, I wil just use the slider on the status bar for small increments and move on to other petty complaints.