Images lost for Amazon KDP

Discuss the word processor
jsalvatore

Images lost for Amazon KDP

Post by jsalvatore »

I am in the process of writing an ebook. I have copied and pasted images onto my open office document. But when the document is sent to be formatted (amazon KDP), the images don't show up. These images are of playing cards such as Ace, king, Queen, etc. Can anyone help?

Title Edited. A descriptive title for posts helps others who are searching for solutions and increases the chances of a reply (Hagar, Moderator).
Joseph Agati OpenOffice 3.1 on Windows 10
robleyd

Re: images

Post by robleyd »

Without seeing the document I'd guess that the images are linked to a file on your computer hard drive rather than embedded in the Writer document. To check, right click on an image, select Picture and go to the Picture tab - if there is a filename there the image is linked, not embedded.

If this is the case, go to Edit | Links, select the image(s) to change and use Break link which breaks the link between the source file and the current document. The most recently updated contents of the source file are kept in the current document.

You might also find [Tutorial] Some useful hints on using images a useful reference.
Cheers
David
OS - Slackware 15 64 bit
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15
LibreOffice 24.2.2.2; SlackBuild for 24.2.2 by Eric Hameleers