Can't remove black lines separaters

Discuss the word processor
Max57TBird

Can't remove black lines separaters

Post by Max57TBird »

I was writing a document and used a partial row of ************ (my way of reminding myself of some action needed). When I hit "Enter" it turned into a double black line. I tried backspace, delete, I even tried copying the paragraph without the offending lines to the clipboard and pasting it to a NEW PAGE. Guess what, it reappeared. I tried "Help" and decided it must have something to do with automatic numbering, etc., but I don't know what.
How can I get rid of the double lines? Thanx Lane
OpenOffice 4.1.5 on Vista
FJCC

Re: Can't remove black lines separaters

Post by FJCC »

The line is a paragraph border. Right click on the paragraph above the black line and select Paragraph. On the Borders tab, set the bottom border to be None.
OpenOffice 4.1 on Windows 10 and Linux Mint
If your question is answered, please go to your first post, select the Edit button, and add [Solved] to the beginning of the title.
RoryOF

Post by RoryOF »

In the event that you use repeated markers such as ---, ===. ___ in your text, autoformatting will turn these into continuous lines; Ctrl-Z immediately will undo them. You can disable the option to generate them. Consider using Comments as text markers for editing; Navigator will allow one move speedily to any Comment.
 Edit: to see how to turn their autodrawing off, look up "borders;automatic drawing on/off" in the OO Help file. 
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
John_Ha
Volunteer

Post by John_Ha »

See [Tutorial] Automatic functions in Writer - enable / disable.

If your problem is solved please view your first post in this thread and click the Edit button (top right in the post) and add [Solved] in front of the subject.
LO 6.4.4.2, Windows 10 Home 64 bit

See the Writer Guide, the Writer FAQ, the Writer Tutorials and Writer for students.

Remember: Always save your Writer files as .odt files. - see here for the many reasons why.