Corrupt File, looking for a fixer

Discuss the word processor
ohjammer3

Corrupt File, looking for a fixer

Post by ohjammer3 »

I've got a large file, happens to be a novel, that is corrupted, and I'm hoping the tech wizards can help. This happened a few years ago, but I never got an appropriate editor to go in and fix corrupt characters.
Read-Error.
Format error discovered in the file in sub-document content.xml at 2,4291(row,col).

I've parked the file in Mediafire at http://www.mediafire.com/file/q843t8567 ... nal%29.odt

Grateful if you can bring your godlike powers to bear and save days of work. Scott
OpenOffice 4.1.0 on OSX Yosemite 10.10.2
RoryOF

Re: Corrupt File, looking for a fixer

Post by RoryOF »

Please send me an email address by PM, to which I can send the repaired file. There was a cluster of comments at one location that I removed. It now opens for me using OO 4.1.5.

You should read
Writer for students (several languages)
for information on how better to usae OpenOffice and its formatting.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
dtrubridge

Post by dtrubridge »

Hi Rory. I have the same Read Error problem with a similar large file. Can you save my life please?! Let me know where to send the file and i will do so. Also, can give me a tip as to how to avoid this as it has happened before? Thanks heaps, David.
4.1.5 latest version of Open office, running on Mac OS High Sierra 10.13.2
FJCC

Post by FJCC »

Post the file on One Drive or Google Drive or MediaFire. You can also email it to me at the address I sent you by Private Message.
OpenOffice 4.1 on Windows 10 and Linux Mint
If your question is answered, please go to your first post, select the Edit button, and add [Solved] to the beginning of the title.