Corrupted Files on important file!

Discuss the word processor
Ravenck

Corrupted Files on important file!

Post by Ravenck »

I got a file of my book back from the editor at my publishing house. It was in Word with the comments on the side. I did a lot of edits and then it crashed. :( This totally sucks. My editor tried to fix it on her end by trying things she read about but couldn't.I think this has to do with switching from word to OpenOffice. Here's what the error says, "Read-Error. Format error discovered in the file in sub-document content.xml at 2,3811 (row,col)."

Can someone please help me with this? And is there a way to keep this from happening again?

I would attach the file but it's too big. If someone would allow me to send it to them, I could do that.
OpenOffice 4.1.3 on Microsoft
robleyd

Re: Corrupted Files on important file! PLEASE HELP!

Post by robleyd »

As suggested in a reply to your other post with the same subject, you could use a file sharing site such as Mediafire and post the link here.
Cheers
David
OS - Slackware 15 64 bit
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15
LibreOffice 24.2.2.2; SlackBuild for 24.2.2 by Eric Hameleers
Ravenck

Post by Ravenck »

Here is a link to the file on Mediafire:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/okup754vr ... g+on+2.odt
OpenOffice 4.1.3 on Microsoft
FJCC

Post by FJCC »

I have a repaired version. If you send me an email address via private message (use the PM icon near the right side of this message) I will send it to you.
OpenOffice 4.1 on Windows 10 and Linux Mint
If your question is answered, please go to your first post, select the Edit button, and add [Solved] to the beginning of the title.