[Solved] How to Delete Line Across Page?

Discuss the word processor
yonargi1

[Solved] How to Delete Line Across Page?

Post by yonargi1 »

How do I delete a solid line across the page? This line seems to move around from time to time. I ignore it and just keep typing, but I know at some point I will have to deal with it. It comes up when I make a partial line across the page and then I FORGET AND HIT ENTER, and the line is then across the page and very, very stubborn about staying. I have utilized your forum posts for a couple of days, have found several that are for the same problem I have but they must have an older WPS Writer than mine because the instructions don't match what I see on my software.

I have tried the following:
Format>Paragraph>Borders>Live Arrangement: none, OK
Tools>Autocorrect>Options>Apply Borders

Can you help?

I have:
WPS Writer 10.2.0.5978
Windows 7
Last edited by yonargi1 on Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
OpenOffice 4.1.3
Windows 7
John_Ha
Volunteer

Re: How to Delete Line Across Page?

Post by John_Ha »

Are you selecting the correct paragraph? See automatic lines or Apply Borders in [Tutorial] Automatic functions in Writer - enable / disable. If that fails, upload a small example document.

As a fairly new poster you will find much useful information in the Writer FAQ, the Writer Tutorials, the up to date Writer guide and the Writer Manual. When a pop-up window opens, click the Help button for extensive help on that function - it is often more comprehensive than the manual.

If your problem is solved please view your first post in this thread and click the Edit button (top right in the post) and add [Solved] in front of the subject.
LO 6.4.4.2, Windows 10 Home 64 bit

See the Writer Guide, the Writer FAQ, the Writer Tutorials and Writer for students.

Remember: Always save your Writer files as .odt files. - see here for the many reasons why.
UnklDonald418
Volunteer

Post by UnklDonald418 »

This works for me.
Select some text above the problem line.
Press F11 to open the Styles and Formatting dialog.
The currently selected style should be highlighted. Double click on that and the line should disappear.
If your problem has been solved, please edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the beginning of the subject line
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.14 & LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 (x86_64) - Windows 10 Professional- Windows 11
Bill
Volunteer

Post by Bill »

WPS Office is not an OpenOffice derivative and is not supported by this OpenOffice forum. If you're using WPS Office, it's not surprising that the instructions you see here don't match what is in your software.
AOO 4.1.14 on Ubuntu MATE 22.04
yonargi1

Post by yonargi1 »

Strange . . . I obtained WPS Writer as a component of Apache Open Office when I downloaded the latter onto my desktop. That is why I am using this forum. BUT in the Files>Help menu of my WPS Writer, it offers the options (among others) of "WPS OFFICE Homepage," WPS OFFICE Facebook," and "WPS OFFICE New Features." Please either 1) tell me where I can download JUST the WPS Writer that is a component of AAO, OR 2) tell me where I can find the correct forum for WPS Writer (Office). And thank you for your help!
OpenOffice 4.1.3
Windows 7
RoryOF

Post by RoryOF »

The only website from which we recommend downloading OpenOffice is http://www.openoffice.org/download, which will automatically redirect you to a Sourceforge server where the files are stored.

I cannot answer for a WPS site; no version of Apache OpenOffice that I know of includes WPS Writer.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
Bill
Volunteer

Post by Bill »

WPS Office is proprietary software from a Chinese developer. It could not have been downloaded as a component of Apache OpenOffice.

WPS Office
AOO 4.1.14 on Ubuntu MATE 22.04