Columns in Writer

Discuss the word processor
MIZZLU

Columns in Writer

Post by MIZZLU »

i just upgraded to the new version and have spent an hour trying to find columns help pleaseeeeeee :(

Title Edited. A descriptive title for posts helps others who are searching for solutions and increases the chances of a reply (Hagar, Moderator).
OPEN OFFICE 4.1.3 ON WINDOWS 10
RoryOF

Re: help

Post by RoryOF »

What one needs to know about Columns
[Tutorial] Columns in Writer: an introduction
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
John_Ha
Volunteer

Re: help

Post by John_Ha »

As a fairly new poster you will find much useful information in the Writer FAQ, the Writer Tutorials, the up to date Writer guide and the Writer Manual. When a pop-up window opens, click the Help button for extensive help on that function - it is often more comprehensive than the manual.
LO 6.4.4.2, Windows 10 Home 64 bit

See the Writer Guide, the Writer FAQ, the Writer Tutorials and Writer for students.

Remember: Always save your Writer files as .odt files. - see here for the many reasons why.
MIZZLU

Re: Columns in Writer

Post by MIZZLU »

ok i am soo frustrated i had to uninstall because i was told it was corrupt. i went to a previous version and everything was like i used to be but i cannot get the pictures to show the box is there but it says graphics1 2 ect. can someone just tell me how to get the pics back in english? i have read everything and i still cannot get it. help me pleaseeeeeee :crazy: :crazy:
OPEN OFFICE 4.1.3 ON WINDOWS 10
robleyd

Post by robleyd »

Go to Tools | Options | OpenOffice Writer | View and ensurer that, under Display, you have Graphics and objects checked.
Cheers
David
OS - Slackware 15 64 bit
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15
LibreOffice 24.2.2.2; SlackBuild for 24.2.2 by Eric Hameleers
Hagar Delest

Post by Hagar Delest »

Please avoid mixing problems in a topic. You already have another discussion running about graphics.
Is your problem with columns fixed?
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10