Inserted pics displayed as graphicsx

Discuss the word processor
MIZZLU

Inserted pics displayed as graphicsx

Post by MIZZLU »

i cannot find what i did my inserted pics showed fine, now i get a box that just says graphics1, how do i get the pics back, tyvm

Title Edited. A descriptive title for posts helps others who are searching for solutions and increases the chances of a reply (Hagar, Moderator).
OPEN OFFICE 4.1.3 ON WINDOWS 10
John_Ha
Volunteer

Re: pics

Post by John_Ha »

Welcome to the forum.

If the images are embedded, it is probably a problem with AOO and LO where images get lost.

See Item 15 in [Tutorial] Some useful hints on using images for a discussion on how best to handle images in Writer.

You could try to recover previous versions of the file - see [Tutorial] How to find and un-delete Writer temporary files for
a) detailed instructions on how to recover your file as it was when you last opened or saved it, or as it was when it was last saved with AutoRecovery.
b) how to find previous versions of the file in the folder it is located in, but which have since been deleted.
c) how to un-delete the temporary files Writer wrote while you were editing the file, and then deleted. This will recover your file as it was when you last opened or you last saved it and is probably your best hope.

As a new poster you will find much useful information in the Writer FAQ, the Writer Tutorials, the up to date Writer guide and the Writer Manual. When a pop-up window opens, click the Help button for extensive help on that function - it is often more comprehensive than the manual.
LO 6.4.4.2, Windows 10 Home 64 bit

See the Writer Guide, the Writer FAQ, the Writer Tutorials and Writer for students.

Remember: Always save your Writer files as .odt files. - see here for the many reasons why.
MIZZLU

Re: pics

Post by MIZZLU »

i ended up uninstalling it because I got a message it was corrupt, now i can't find columns. it was in page but no more. can you tell me where columns are n how to add to the menu at top
OPEN OFFICE 4.1.3 ON WINDOWS 10
Hagar Delest

Re: Inserted pics displayed as graphicsx

Post by Hagar Delest »

See: [Solved] Pictures in Writer do not show.

Please add [Solved] at the beginning of the title in your first post (top of the topic) with the edit button if your issue has been fixed.
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10
Hagar Delest

Post by Hagar Delest »

For the record, columns issue is discussed in another topic (from OP).
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10
John_Ha
Volunteer

Post by John_Ha »

1. Create a copy of your file. Delete everything except one page with a missing graphic. Save the one page file.

2. Upload the file here (128 kB max) or on a fileshare site like Google drive or Dropbox or mediafire if larger. Post the link.

3. Can you see the image in this file?
Attachments
test.odt
File with one image
(18.68 KiB) Downloaded 66 times
LO 6.4.4.2, Windows 10 Home 64 bit

See the Writer Guide, the Writer FAQ, the Writer Tutorials and Writer for students.

Remember: Always save your Writer files as .odt files. - see here for the many reasons why.