Adjust a picture

Discuss the word processor
Bill Hawthorn

Adjust a picture

Post by Bill Hawthorn »

I am a novice with computing but hope someone can help me
When I have a page in open office writer and I click on insert a picture onto the page and when it has appeared on the page I wish to adjust the picture I right click the picture which gives me a menu and then I click on picture which gives me a whole range of options for changing the size and position of the picture etc.. I accidently clicked on macro and then everything froze and the warning came up that I needed a JRE file which I have subsequently downloaded but when I click on picture it still fixes on MACRO and freezes What do I need to do??
Open office 4.1.1 Micro soft Windows 10
Hagar Delest

Re: Adjust a picture

Post by Hagar Delest »

Hi and welcome to the forum!

Make sure you install the 32bit version.
You can check in Tools>Options>OpenOffice>Java

Please add [Solved] at the beginning of the title in your first post (top of the topic) with the edit button if your issue has been fixed.
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10
John_Ha
Volunteer

Re: Adjust a picture

Post by John_Ha »

AOO uses 32 bit Java (for some things). You may already have 64 bit Java installed in which case you end up with both 32 bit and 64 bit Java installed. 32 bit Java lives in C:\Program Files (x86)\Java.

See [Tutorial] Some useful hints on using images for a discussion on how best to handle images in Writer.
LO 6.4.4.2, Windows 10 Home 64 bit

See the Writer Guide, the Writer FAQ, the Writer Tutorials and Writer for students.

Remember: Always save your Writer files as .odt files. - see here for the many reasons why.