[Solved] Can't get table pop-up window

Discuss the word processor
HowardJ

[Solved] Can't get table pop-up window

Post by HowardJ »

In the past when working on a table, a pop-up window magically appeared enabling addition or deletion of rows etc etc.

This seems to have just stopped working, I cannot get in anyhow.

What am I doing wrong?
Last edited by HowardJ on Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AOO 4.1.14
on various machines running PCLinuxOS (KDE desktop). It all began with StarOffice 5.2 - I've still got the disk!
Bill
Volunteer

Re: Can't get table pop-up window.

Post by Bill »

HowardJ wrote:I cannot get in anyhow.
Does "anyhow" include clicking in the table, then selecting View > Toolbars > Table?
AOO 4.1.14 on Ubuntu MATE 22.04
HowardJ

Re: Can't get table pop-up window.

Post by HowardJ »

Yes - I just tried it, it's checked.

It's not the regular "Insert table" window I'm looking for but the one that enables adjustments to an existing table.
AOO 4.1.14
on various machines running PCLinuxOS (KDE desktop). It all began with StarOffice 5.2 - I've still got the disk!
HowardJ

Re: Can't get table pop-up window. (SOLVED)

Post by HowardJ »

OK solved it. It's must be an "improvement" in the latest version, it now appears as an extra bar down the right-hand side of the main window.

I'll get used to it, at least it isn't a nuisance by obscuring part of the document any more.
AOO 4.1.14
Bill
Volunteer

Post by Bill »

That's not a new feature. Any floating toolbar can be docked by dragging it to the top, bottom or sides of the window. When a toolbar is docked, you should see 3 dots on one end of the toolbar which you can grab with the mouse pointer to drag the toolbar away from the edge and make it float again.
AOO 4.1.14 on Ubuntu MATE 22.04
HowardJ

Post by HowardJ »

Thanks, Bill,
Yes, I see, very faint small dots. It's new to me at any rate - useful. Even after 15 years with OO there's still lots to learn!
AOO 4.1.14