[Solved] PDF shows template name in Adobe Reader Title Bar

Discuss the word processor
John_Ha
Volunteer

[Solved] PDF shows template name in Adobe Reader Title Bar

Post by John_Ha »

When I create a PDF and open the PDF with Adobe Reader, the Adobe Reader Title Bar shows the template name. How do I stop this?
Adobe Reader Title Bar shows Default
Adobe Reader Title Bar shows Default
Clipboard01.png (11.38 KiB) Viewed 949 times
1 Create a new document from a template called Default
2 Save the .odt as fred.odt
3 Export it as a PDF called fred.pdf.
4 Open the PDF with Adobe Reader.

Adobe Reader shows Default in the title bar, where Default is the name of the template from which the document was created.

These are the odt and the PDF.
Attachments
fred.odt
(8.65 KiB) Downloaded 82 times
fred.pdf
(1.21 KiB) Downloaded 97 times
Last edited by John_Ha on Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LO 6.4.4.2, Windows 10 Home 64 bit

See the Writer Guide, the Writer FAQ, the Writer Tutorials and Writer for students.

Remember: Always save your Writer files as .odt files. - see here for the many reasons why.
Villeroy
Volunteer

Re: PDF shows Writer template name in Adobe Reader Title Bar

Post by Villeroy »

menu:File>Properties... tab "Description", Document Title
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04 with LibreOffice 6.0, latest OpenOffice and LibreOffice
John_Ha
Volunteer

Re: PDF shows Writer template name in Adobe Reader Title Bar

Post by John_Ha »

Thanks ... but that did not quite work. I edited Default.ott to delete Default from File > Properties > Description. However, when I created a PDF from a document created from the edited template, the PDF still showed Default.

Playing (stumbling?) around, I typed a space into the now empty field and the created PDF now showed a space in the Title Bar. I went back to edit the template to remove the space and found it was missing. I created a new document fred.odt from the edited template, and fred.PDF created from it now shows fred.pdf in the Adobe Reader title bar.

It therefore seems that I have to type something into the field to be sure the Default entry gets deleted.
LO 6.4.4.2, Windows 10 Home 64 bit

See the Writer Guide, the Writer FAQ, the Writer Tutorials and Writer for students.

Remember: Always save your Writer files as .odt files. - see here for the many reasons why.