[Solved] Help not recognized as being installed

Discuss the word processor
Starkman

[Solved] Help not recognized as being installed

Post by Starkman »

Greetings all,

I've installed Help, checked that the languages are all the same in Tools > Options > Languages, but still, LO won't recognize that Help is installed when I try to open it within a document. Don't know why :crazy: :crazy:

I have the latest version of LO, and to tell you the truth, I can't remember if Help worked before upgrading. I don't believe it did.

Windows 10 64-bit
LO 5.4.2.2

Thanks.
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Sat Jan 27, 2018 10:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: tagged [Solved].
LibreOffice 5.4.2.2; Windows 10 64-bit
Zizi64
Volunteer

Re: Help not recognized as being installed

Post by Zizi64 »

Windows 10 64-bit
LO 5.4.2.2

Thanks.
OpenOffice 4, Win 7
The latest Fresh version is the LO5.4.3 but it is better to use the latest Still version for your work. The latest Still version is the LO 5.3.7 today. And please update your signature in this forum. The signature shows that you are using the Apache OpenOffice.

I've installed Help, checked that the languages are all the same in Tools > Options > Languages,
How many HELP was installed for your LibreOffice, and which ones was installed?
The LO contains the localized HELPs in separated installer files. You need donwnload and install all of the localized help installer files what you needed.
Tibor Kovacs, Hungary; LO7.5.8 /Win7-10 x64Prof.
PortableApps/winPenPack: LO3.3.0-7.6.2;AOO4.1.14
Please, edit the initial post in the topic: add the word [Solved] at the beginning of the subject line - if your problem has been solved.
Starkman

Post by Starkman »

Thanks for the Profile-update information - it's been a while since I've been here, I guess.

As to the Help file issue:
I've downloaded the newest version of LO and the Help file works now.
I'm a bit confused, however, about your statement that there are several Help files that I would need to install.
The only place I can find Help file to download is on the same page that the main LO download is on: https://www.libreoffice.org/download/download/; the Help file title is "Help for offline use: English (US) (Torrent, Info)."
I had downloaded this before and installed it but LO never recognized it.

Either way, all is good. The Help file is now working.

Thanks again.
LilZebra

Post by LilZebra »

One thing I wish the LO team would addreses which I've raised before is that users should have the ability to resize the help text. Even in Microsoft you can do this, but Linux versions you're stuck with 3 to 6 pt. text. My eyes are not as good as 20 yrs. ago and I'd like to be able to make it LARGER.

That would mean using different software to create the help text.

Until then I must rely on the PDF formatted * Guide (Writer Guide, Calc Guide, Base Guide).
LibreOffice 6.1.3.2 (Linux Fedora 29 on x86_64) with 'Notebookbar'
OpenOffice.org since 2002-12. LibreOffice user since 2013-current.
HSQLDB 2.5.0
Villeroy
Volunteer

Post by Villeroy »

Ctrl+Mouse Wheel zooms the help text.
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04 with LibreOffice 6.0, latest OpenOffice and LibreOffice
robleyd

Post by robleyd »

The only place I can find Help file to download is on the same page that the main LO download is on: https://www.libreoffice.org/download/download/; the Help file title is "Help for offline use: English (US) (Torrent, Info)."
It seems that the language for the Help file displayed will be the same as the language for the LibO download you have chosen. So if you click on the need another language? link, you can select the language you want.
libo_help.jpg
Cheers
David
OS - Slackware 15 64 bit
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15
LibreOffice 24.2.2.2; SlackBuild for 24.2.2 by Eric Hameleers
Starkman

Post by Starkman »

Oh, I got the right language. It's just that for whatever reason the Help just wouldn't work.