[Solved] Saved texts blinking

Discuss the word processor
Lesley_Vos

[Solved] Saved texts blinking

Post by Lesley_Vos »

Hi all!

Here's the problem:

I write articles in OpenOffice Writer (version 4.1.4), and everything was fine... until yesterday. Once I save my document and close it, the text begins blinking next time I open the file... To better describe how it looks, here's the gif:
http://i1-news.softpedia-static.com/ima ... 6740-2.gif

I tried to change the format (from .odt to .doc or .docx and vice versa) - no result. Also, I just opened a new blank document, copied and pasted the text there, saved - and the newly saved doc blinked too! :crazy:

What could be the reason for such "behavior"? Can I resolve this bug(?) anyhow? Maybe it's all about formatting the text (heading, bullet lists, embedded links and images, bold/italic, etc.? But I need it anyway, so just can't save and send plain texts to my editors... :(

Thanks!
Last edited by Lesley_Vos on Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
OpenOffice 4.1.4 on Windows 8
FJCC

Re: Saved texts blinking

Post by FJCC »

A font can be set to blink. Select the menu Format -> Styles and Formatting, right click on the Default paragraph style and select Modify. On the Font Effects tab, is Blinking selected?
OpenOffice 4.1 on Windows 10 and Linux Mint
If your question is answered, please go to your first post, select the Edit button, and add [Solved] to the beginning of the title.
John_Ha
Volunteer

Post by John_Ha »

Edit > Paste Special > Unformatted text ..., removes all attributes from copied text and pastes it as plain text.

If your problem is solved please view your first post in this thread and click the Edit button (top right in the post) and add [Solved] in front of the subject.
LO 6.4.4.2, Windows 10 Home 64 bit

See the Writer Guide, the Writer FAQ, the Writer Tutorials and Writer for students.

Remember: Always save your Writer files as .odt files. - see here for the many reasons why.
Lesley_Vos

Post by Lesley_Vos »

FJCC wrote:A font can be set to blink. Select the menu Format -> Styles and Formatting, right click on the Default paragraph style and select Modify. On the Font Effects tab, is Blinking selected?
Oh my... yeap, it was selected though I could swear I didn't do that! :knock:

Thank you!
OpenOffice 4.1.4 on Windows 8