OOo email

Discuss the word processor
rtrg

OOo email

Post by rtrg »

Open office 4.1 and GMAIL. G is my one and only email. How do I get it to work with OO? If not what email programs do? Do I need to set it in the DEFAULT PROGRAMS as CUSTOM or non-MS? How? If not does OO open that email during the "send" operation? There is no email choice in OO.
Last edited by robleyd on Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Remove email address for privacy - robleyd
open office 3.1 on windows xp
Zizi64
Volunteer

Re: OOo email

Post by Zizi64 »

G is my one and only email. How do I get it to work with OO? If not what email programs do?
Gmail is not an E-mail client software. It is a service. You need a real e-mail client software, like tje Thunderbird. It works well with Apache OpenOffice and LibreOffice - if you install, and set the Thunderird as Deafault e-mail client on your operating system.
You can set up more than one mail services (inboxes) in the Thunderbird as POP (Post Office Protocol) or as IMAP (Internet Message Access Protocol), but you must choose (and set) one of them for the outbox. The AOO/LO will send the mails through the outbox of the Thunderbird.
I am not using the Thunderbird with the Gmail service (I am using other email services).
Last edited by Zizi64 on Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tibor Kovacs, Hungary; LO7.5.8 /Win7-10 x64Prof.
PortableApps/winPenPack: LO3.3.0-7.6.2;AOO4.1.14
Please, edit the initial post in the topic: add the word [Solved] at the beginning of the subject line - if your problem has been solved.
Zizi64
Volunteer

Post by Zizi64 »

...or you can set an SMTP for the mail merge function of the Writer:
Mailmerge.png
I never used this function.

For linux:
https://ask.libreoffice.org/en/question ... breoffice/
Tibor Kovacs, Hungary; LO7.5.8 /Win7-10 x64Prof.
PortableApps/winPenPack: LO3.3.0-7.6.2;AOO4.1.14
Please, edit the initial post in the topic: add the word [Solved] at the beginning of the subject line - if your problem has been solved.
John_Ha
Volunteer

Post by John_Ha »

Note: OOo disappeared many years ago - it is now called Apache Open Office, or AOO. OOo does not exist.
LO 6.4.4.2, Windows 10 Home 64 bit

See the Writer Guide, the Writer FAQ, the Writer Tutorials and Writer for students.

Remember: Always save your Writer files as .odt files. - see here for the many reasons why.