Printing labels

Discuss the word processor
PETERSTEIN

Printing labels

Post by PETERSTEIN »

Hello

I am trying to print some labels, but unless I slide the text more to the right it won't fit the label( when I peel a label off, letters are left behind). I'm sure there is an easy way to do this, but there are so many bells and whistles in the program that I don't know where to start looking.

And please tell me again how to post a question. I don't even know how I got this far.(I can't remember ! ) Beginners luck a guess; like a chimp pounding on a keyboard.

Regards
Peter.
OPEN OFFICE 4.1.4 ON WINDOWS 10
acknak

Re: PRINTING LABELS

Post by acknak »

Greetings and welcome to the community forum!

You can change the paragraph indent to move the text a bit to the right: Format > Paragraph > Indents & Spacing > Indent > Before Text: (some non-zero distance here)

That will only affect the current paragraph (where the cursor is) or whatever paragraphs you have selected.

If you want to shift everything over, you can try changing the page margins: Format > Page > Page > Margins > Left: (add a small amount to the number here). That may interfere with the label layout.
AOO4/LO5 • Linux • Fedora 23
PETERSTEIN

Re: PRINTING LABELS

Post by PETERSTEIN »

Thanks, I'll try that.

Peter.
OPEN OFFICE 4.1.4 ON WINDOWS 10
John_Ha
Volunteer

Re: Printing labels

Post by John_Ha »

As a fairly new poster you will find much useful information in the Writer FAQ, the Writer Tutorials, the up to date Writer guide and the Writer Manual. When a pop-up window opens, click the Help button for extensive help on that function - it is often more comprehensive than the manual.
LO 6.4.4.2, Windows 10 Home 64 bit

See the Writer Guide, the Writer FAQ, the Writer Tutorials and Writer for students.

Remember: Always save your Writer files as .odt files. - see here for the many reasons why.