Search in my document on numbers

Discuss the word processor
apple.erik

Search in my document on numbers

Post by apple.erik »

Hello,
I did try tot
search in my document on numbers.
but he only find numbers in my text not my numbers a ad to the paragraphs.
does somebody knows how you can sears on number you ad ion de the left site in you're text

example:

1. hello this is number one

2. hello this is number two

3. hello this is number tree

4. hello this is number four

When I search in open office writer he don't find this numbers!!
MAC OSX 10.9 OpenOffice 4.1
John_Ha
Volunteer

Re: Search in my document on numbers

Post by John_Ha »

Welcome to the forum.

Edit > Find and Replace. Type 2 in the Search for box. Click More Options, and make sure that none of the boxes are ticked. Click Find.

Click Help for help.

I think your question is "I have a list of 4 items, numbered 1, 2, 3 and 4. How do I search for, say, 3 so I can find item 3 in the list?"

I cannot immediately think of a method.

In the Alternative Find and Replace add-on, searching with [:::NumberingStyleName=::] finds list items as can be seen below.

I got it by clicking the arrow to the right of Properties, clicking List Style which opened a pop-up window. I closed the pop-up and the expression appeared in the Search box. Regular expressions was already ticked.
Clipboard01.png
As a new poster you will find much useful information in the Writer FAQ, the Writer Tutorials, the up to date Writer guide and the Writer Manual.

When a pop-up window opens, click the Help button for extensive help on that function - it is often more comprehensive than the manual.
LO 6.4.4.2, Windows 10 Home 64 bit

See the Writer Guide, the Writer FAQ, the Writer Tutorials and Writer for students.

Remember: Always save your Writer files as .odt files. - see here for the many reasons why.