Bitmap control

Discuss the word processor
mikesydwest

Bitmap control

Post by mikesydwest »

Please advise how I can edit the Bitmaps in the file (where ever it lives ????) that I have created when drawing shapes and have experimented with the fill.

Further can anyone give me the secret to getting the bitmag to be the correct sise to fit into a shape, in my case I have an ellipitcal shape in a form I am making, where I have the fill worded, "click here for image", when you click it goes to the panel for properties, how do I edit that file set in that panel.

OR

Can I set up a better way of loading the shape with my desired bitmap, notwithstanding that, can I use a JPEG etc etc, is there any special coefficient (pixel,cms) that has it being the correct size.

thanks for the help

Mike
LibreOffice5, Windows 7 64bit.
John_Ha
Volunteer

Re: Bitmap control

Post by John_Ha »

See [Tutorial] Some useful hints on using images for a discussion on how best to handle images in Writer.

See How to use a heart shaped image to frame a picture

If this solves the problem, please view your first post in this thread and click the Edit button (top right in the post) and add [Solved] in front of the subject.
LO 6.4.4.2, Windows 10 Home 64 bit

See the Writer Guide, the Writer FAQ, the Writer Tutorials and Writer for students.

Remember: Always save your Writer files as .odt files. - see here for the many reasons why.
mikesydwest

Post by mikesydwest »

thanks John_Ha - lets see how we go
mikesydwest

Post by mikesydwest »

I am possibly already at some of those stages that are presented in the posts, I saw the warning about using software away from LOW, and can see why - though it is working in some manner - that needs only tweaking I am sure.

Anyway, I have been able to pull a bitmap into a shape, further it is possible to change the pattern - colour - image etc etc, in the shape, once it is placed.

I need to know, if there is a perfect ratio, for the physical shape dimensions in cm to pixels in the bitmap, 000 cms wide x 000 pixels wide and height etc.

Further, where can I find the editor to remove the bitmap files created.