Tool line appears across document

Discuss the word processor
inventorgeorge

Tool line appears across document

Post by inventorgeorge »

This is very annoying!
When I am working on a writer document, one line tool bars will appear across the document. Sometimes 2-4 to a page. I can remove them by scrolling up or down, but they soon appear again.
Everything else about OO works fine.
Open Office 4.1.l4 on WIN10
robleyd

Re: tool line appears across document

Post by robleyd »

What is in these tool bars? Can you post a screenshot?
Cheers
David
OS - Slackware 15 64 bit
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15
LibreOffice 24.2.2.2; SlackBuild for 24.2.2 by Eric Hameleers
inventorgeorge

Post by inventorgeorge »

Here is a screen shot.
I never noticed, but the toolbar is always the same, like this one, even if it appears multiple times on a page.
Attachments
AAA.png
RusselB

Post by RusselB »

It looks to me like the toolbar has become undocked.
If it is, then at the top of the toolbar there should be a downward pointing arrow on the far right of the toolbar (an X to close the toolbar should be just to the right of the arrow)
Clicking the arrow brings up a menu system, of which, one item is "Dock Toolbar"
From your screenshot, it looks like you might have more than one toolbar undocked, so using the Dock All Toolbars option in the above mentioned menu might be your best option.
I can't say for sure, as the toolbar in your screenshot seems to be missing part of the display, but this is my best guess at this point.
OpenOffice 4.1.7, LibreOffice 7.0.1.2 on Windows 7 Pro, Ultimate & Windows 10 Home (2004)
If you believe your problem has been resolved, please go to your first post in this topic, click the Edit button and add [Solved] to the beginning of the Subject line.
John_Ha
Volunteer

Post by John_Ha »

That looks like a fault in the video driver where a bit of the screen image is being kept. Note how the image cuts across the top row of icons. If you count the pixels it will probably be 64 or 128 or 256 pixels high.

Just scroll up and down and it will go.

If this solves the problem, please view your first post in this thread and click the Edit button (top right in the post) and add [Solved] in front of the subject.
LO 6.4.4.2, Windows 10 Home 64 bit

See the Writer Guide, the Writer FAQ, the Writer Tutorials and Writer for students.

Remember: Always save your Writer files as .odt files. - see here for the many reasons why.
inventorgeorge

Post by inventorgeorge »

Wasn't undocked tool bar.
Having to scroll constantly to get rid of the problem isn't a solution.
Still searching for a way to eliminate this nuisance.
John_Ha
Volunteer

Re: Tool line appears across document

Post by John_Ha »

1 Check that you have a fully up to date video driver. The problem in your image is 48 pixels high which is exactly half way between 32 and 64 suggesting it is related to the video driver.

2 Start the PC in Safe Mode. If it stops happening then it is something which normally starts when the PC boots causing it.
LO 6.4.4.2, Windows 10 Home 64 bit

See the Writer Guide, the Writer FAQ, the Writer Tutorials and Writer for students.

Remember: Always save your Writer files as .odt files. - see here for the many reasons why.