Button to insert multiple photos

Discuss the word processor
Koz

Button to insert multiple photos

Post by Koz »

Background

I created a document that contains inspection checklist items and data entry fields and converted it to use with PDF Expert on my iPad.

Needed Functionality

What I would like to do is add a button to this document that allows me to select a photo or photos taken with the iPad camera and insert them into the document with a code snippet or macro. Unfortunately for me, time is of the essence and I currently don't have time to fool around with this so I am hoping that someone has a quick fix.

It could even be as rudimentary as having 5 buttons and corresponding fields in the form and inserting them one at a time instead of bulk uploading to the end of the document.

Eventually I'll either write an app to replace this form with an app, but again, not enough time at the moment. I'd really appreciate it if anyone has a ready made solution. I just found Open Office the other day and so far it's great. Thanks.
Open Office 4.1.3
Windows 10
Zizi64
Volunteer

Re: Button to insert multiple photos

Post by Zizi64 »

What I would like to do is add a button to this document that allows me to select a photo or photos taken with the iPad camera and insert them into the document with a code snippet or macro.
It is not a good idea to insert many images without optimization into an ODF document.
The modern cameras can create huge pixel size pictures. Inserting more than one of such pictures will cause huge memory consuption of the office suite.
Use a third party software to optimize your pictures before you insert them into an ODF document. And use the conventional menu item to insert them into the document.
If you want insert more than two or three of pictures into one document, you need check (and adjust) the Memory setting of the office suite.
Tibor Kovacs, Hungary; LO7.5.8 /Win7-10 x64Prof.
PortableApps/winPenPack: LO3.3.0-7.6.2;AOO4.1.14
Please, edit the initial post in the topic: add the word [Solved] at the beginning of the subject line - if your problem has been solved.