[Solved] Using Tabs in Table Cells

Discuss the word processor
GridLok

[Solved] Using Tabs in Table Cells

Post by GridLok »

After having difficulty trying to use tabs in individual table cells, I looked up previous responses in this forum, but found the information misleading. As a non-expert user of OO Writer I offer the following observations (I use OO 4.1.3 on an iMac running OS 10.12.6):
1. Pressing "Tab" moves the insertion point to the next cell to the right
2. Pressing "Shift-Tab" moves the insertion point to the previous cell to the left
3. To move the insertion point towards the next Tab setting - within the active cell, press "Option (alt)-Tab" … NOT "Control-Tab" (as suggested in one response on the topic).
4. Setting Tabs: I have sometimes had difficulty using the 'double-click-in-Tab-Ruler' facility … today it worked, last time it didn't - same document; Setting Tabs via Format/Paragraph has always worked, but can be rather hit-and-miss in getting the Tab in the right position.

Hope I have not made any incorrect statements.
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: tagged [Solved].
"To find the right answer, first find the right question"
OpenOffice org. 4.1.4
OO414m5(Build:9788) - Rev. 1811857
2017-10-16 22:12:14 (Mon, 16 Oct 2017) - Darwin x86_64
Mac OS X 10.12.6 (Sierra)
Zizi64
Volunteer

Re: Using Tabs in Table Cells

Post by Zizi64 »

4. Setting Tabs: I have sometimes had difficulty using the 'double-click-in-Tab-Ruler' facility … today it worked, last time it didn't - same document; Setting Tabs via Format/Paragraph has always worked, but can be rather hit-and-miss in getting the Tab in the right position.
Use the paragraph tyles instead of manual settings of the Tabs positions. The Styles are the most valuable feature of the AOO and LO‏.

You can adjust the tab positions by numeric values in the User defined style.
And then you can apply a User-defined paragraph style by a double click on the style name.
Tibor Kovacs, Hungary; LO7.5.8 /Win7-10 x64Prof.
PortableApps/winPenPack: LO3.3.0-7.6.2;AOO4.1.14
Please, edit the initial post in the topic: add the word [Solved] at the beginning of the subject line - if your problem has been solved.