[Solved] Calc UDFs as suggested Functions

Discuss the word processor
SunStarBeansWhat

[Solved] Calc UDFs as suggested Functions

Post by SunStarBeansWhat »

I'm having somewhat decent luck with coding User-Defined Functions (UDFs) in Calc, and while the functions do work... they do not show up in the suggested list of Functions (while typing them out). I plan on writing a fair number of these things and I'm not sure I can remember them all 100% by name. Does anyone know of a way to get them to show up (auto suggest/complete) while typing just a part of the function name? Thanks! :ugeek:
Last edited by SunStarBeansWhat on Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LibreOffice 5.4 on Windows 7
Villeroy
Volunteer

Re: Calc UDFs as suggested Functions

Post by Villeroy »

You can not write real extensions with Basic. Extensions may include some macro code written in Basic but you can not write any new components (objects).
For real extensions adding new types of objects and functions, you need to write object oriented code in Java, Python or C++. An extension which adds spreadsheet functions to Calc is called "Add-In". Add-In functions implement service http://www.openoffice.org/api/docs/comm ... AddIn.html

Example of a simple add-in which transfers Python's string manipulation routines to sheet cell functions:
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=83856&p=389632 (excellent demo and very useful)
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04 with LibreOffice 6.0, latest OpenOffice and LibreOffice
SunStarBeansWhat

Re: Calc UDFs as suggested Functions

Post by SunStarBeansWhat »

Thanks for the guidance, marking solved!
LibreOffice 5.4 on Windows 7