Import spreadsheet email addresses into Writer document

Discuss the word processor
vesapoika

Import spreadsheet email addresses into Writer document

Post by vesapoika »

Whenever I have a list of people to contact via email, I like to create a document with all the emails in one large paragraph for batch mailings. That imports so easily into the email recipient space.

I have a spreadsheet of musicians listed according to their parts. Column "C" happens to be the email column. I have tried to select the column in order to import all the emails to my batch mailer paragraph, but have not been able to do so. Highlight and copy seems defective in that I cannot insert that data into the batch paragraph. Even if I try to select one email at a time (one line in the selected column), it does not copy to the text document. instead, it perversely sits on the page as though it were an inserted image, with image borders; and does not become part of the document that can then be selected and copied over to the email recipient box. Any help with this will be appreciated. Thanx in advance.
Open Office version 4
Windows 10
Zizi64
Volunteer

Re: Import spreadsheet email addresses into Writer document

Post by Zizi64 »

There is a limit of the character count in a single paragraph.
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=5402

Try to import the text into more than one paragraphs.
Tibor Kovacs, Hungary; LO7.5.8 /Win7-10 x64Prof.
PortableApps/winPenPack: LO3.3.0-7.6.2;AOO4.1.14
Please, edit the initial post in the topic: add the word [Solved] at the beginning of the subject line - if your problem has been solved.
Villeroy
Volunteer

Re: Import spreadsheet email addresses into Writer document

Post by Villeroy »

menu:Edit>Paste-Special... unformatted text
Select the inserted text.
menu:Table>Convert>Text to Table
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04 with LibreOffice 6.0, latest OpenOffice and LibreOffice