[Solved] Changing background colour

Discuss the word processor
kenppy

[Solved] Changing background colour

Post by kenppy »

The closest I can get to what I want Is to find particular characters with the particular background. But I want to do it wholesale for the whole page irrespective of underlying character or space,that is, find all instances of a particular colour background, have it picked then apply another colour.
thanks
Attachments
Screen Shot 2017-09-07 at 20.30.18.png
Last edited by kenppy on Fri Sep 08, 2017 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ApacheOpenOffice 4.1.7
Mac OsX 10.15.6
floris v
Volunteer

Re: Changing background colour

Post by floris v »

Use regular expressions: .* will find any sequence of characters with the formatting specified. You do have to turn on Regular expressions (click More options to get to the Regular expressions switch).
OpenOffice 4.1.11 on Ubuntu; LibreOffice 6.4 on Linux Mint, LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Ubuntu
If your problem has been solved or your question has been answered, please edit the first post in this thread and add [Solved] to the title bar.
Nederlandstalig forum
kenppy

Post by kenppy »

OK, I can do it with the sample I did for the screenshot, but the real thing has different colours that are not in my palette.
As I recall I redefined these colours to make them paler. How do I deal with this? Can I interrogate the new colour and how would this be picked up with the format background?
thanks
ApacheOpenOffice 4.1.7
Mac OsX 10.15.6
Zizi64
Volunteer

Post by Zizi64 »

You MUST use the Styles (paragraph styles and character styles) if you want to work efficiently with the AOO/LO softwares. By usage of the styles, this task means a few click only: you can modify the properties (for example the background color) of the applied styles so easy and in one step. Then the layout of the texts with the applied styles will change in that moment...
Tibor Kovacs, Hungary; LO7.5.8 /Win7-10 x64Prof.
PortableApps/winPenPack: LO3.3.0-7.6.2;AOO4.1.14
Please, edit the initial post in the topic: add the word [Solved] at the beginning of the subject line - if your problem has been solved.
Zizi64
Volunteer

Post by Zizi64 »

OK, I can do it with the sample I did for the screenshot, but the real thing has different colours that are not in my palette.
As I recall I redefined these colours to make them paler. How do I deal with this? Can I interrogate the new colour
The newer versions of the LibreOffice can handle more than one color palette.

But you can add new colors into the actual palette in the AOO too. It is possible in the Draw application (all of applications use same palette).
color palette.png
Tibor Kovacs, Hungary; LO7.5.8 /Win7-10 x64Prof.
PortableApps/winPenPack: LO3.3.0-7.6.2;AOO4.1.14
Please, edit the initial post in the topic: add the word [Solved] at the beginning of the subject line - if your problem has been solved.