Unable to un-install defective dictionaries

Discuss the word processor
Tracey End User

Unable to un-install defective dictionaries

Post by Tracey End User »

Ref bug ticket 127500 and 127501.
My submissions were rejected.

#1 I use a Download Manager that I have successfully downloaded hundreds of files from dozens of sites over the past 10 years (or so) and the only problem I have ever know to have is from Open Office Extensions: these dictionaries (why I do not know).
I can download these files multiple times and each time the final file size is different (an issue I have never had anywhere else).
I have download the Open Office installation files (different versions and different languages) without any issues whatsoever!
I did notice that a successfully installed extensions has an icon image to he left whereas these 3 dictionaries did not.

#2 All attempts to un-install these defective dictionaries through the Open Office User Interface has fail to work.
I ended up having to manually delete the OpenOffice folder under roaming.

I strongly suggest getting your dictionaries from a LibreOffice associated web site.
Just FYI, Tracey :D
OpenOffice 4.1.3 on Windows 7
Bill
Volunteer

Re: unable to un-install defective dictionaries

Post by Bill »

Your bug reports were closed because they can't be reproduced. Since your downloads are different in size, it's obvious that your downloads have been corrupted. You should try using a different download manager or just download using the browser. This is a very small download, so there's really nothing to be gained by using a download manager.

I downloaded the extension es_es.oxt a few times and all downloads were exactly the same size.

After installing the es_es.oxt extension, the checkmark appeared next to Spanish (Spain) in Tools > Options > Language Settings > Languages > Default languages for documents > Languages indicating that spellcheck was enabled for Spanish (Spain). Testing in a new document with the language set to Spanish (Spain), English words were underlined by SpellCheck, but Spanish words were not.

I then selected Tools > Extension Manager > Spelling dictionary -- Spanish..., clicked "Remove" and the dictionary was uninstalled.
AOO 4.1.14 on Ubuntu MATE 22.04