Template: repeat on multiple pages when needed

Discuss the word processor
David12846

Template: repeat on multiple pages when needed

Post by David12846 »

I read a little bit about templates, but I think that is for multiple documents all with the same number of pages.

What I need to do is automatically repeat identical table structures (not the text in the tables) on successive pages when I space ahead to a new page.

I have a single page with two tables. There are times when I will need to create the same tables on successive pages. One document might be one page; the next document I create might be 4 pages. The tables on all the pages will need to be in the same position as on the first page. The only place where I will be entering text is in the tables and all the tables will have different text. Copying the tables and positioning them correctly on multiple pages is time consuming.

If there is no quick way, I could probably set up a single page document with blank tables, use copies of the file to create multiple documents then combine the documents.

David
OOo 4.1.9 on Ms Windows 7
Villeroy
Volunteer

Re: template - repeat on multiple pages when needed

Post by Villeroy »

menu:Insert>Document...
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04 with LibreOffice 6.0, latest OpenOffice and LibreOffice
David12846

Post by David12846 »

If I use the work-around, would it be Insert>File? I do not see an entry labeled as "Document" in my Insert menu.
OOo 4.1.9 on Ms Windows 7
RoryOF

Post by RoryOF »

Villeroy may be translating from a German interface. It is /Insert /File in the English version.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
erbsenzahl
Volunteer

Post by erbsenzahl »

It is possible to insert AutoText as a "page": First paragraph (or table, if no leading paragraph necessory) including page break, tables as desired... Only type shortcut+F3 and the new page appears.
LibreOffice current versions 7 and OpenOffice 4.1.15
on LinuxMint 20 - 21 Mate, W10-64 pro