Page width

Discuss the word processor
donar

Page width

Post by donar »

hi can anyone help please , i want a box with 4 borders saved for daily use preferably in html that is only HALF the width of a normal A4 page .

i have managed to maake up this box myself by going to format > page > and altering the width to just 6 inches , but when i save it to my desktop it becomes the full width page again.

i put the 4 borders arond the box and they are saved ok , jusi in case i have not made things clear , i want a 4 box with 4 borders that is only about 6 inches wide, need to use it with different content daily , thank you , donar
open office 3.1 on win7
erbsenzahl
Volunteer

Re: page width

Post by erbsenzahl »

Specify your needs. Why HTML format?
Solution: Insert frames including sections. Sections can be linked with other sections of different files.
Or: Define a table with firm length and height of cells (columns/rows) and include sections.
when i save it to my desktop it becomes the full width page again
Does this mean the A4 format or the smaller one? Full pages show similar.
LibreOffice current versions 7 and OpenOffice 4.1.15
on LinuxMint 20 - 21 Mate, W10-64 pro
donar

Re: Page width

Post by donar »

thanks for the reply , a bit hard for me to grasp but i will try, regarding HTML i am quite happy to save in txt etc but when i do that the 4 nice borders i have put in disappear in the saved document , possibly another fix ?? don
open office 3.1 on win7
Bill
Volunteer

Post by Bill »

The .txt format doesn't store any formatting information. It is text only. If you wan't to preserve formatting, use the default .odt format.
AOO 4.1.14 on Ubuntu MATE 22.04
donar

Post by donar »

ok will do that thanks for your help, had problems with some accepting odt format as an attachment , fiverr is one , regards donar
open office 3.1 on win7