Missing Image in OpenOffice writer

Discuss the word processor
Norvi de Leon

Missing Image in OpenOffice writer

Post by Norvi de Leon »

Hi,

I'm currently having a problem with Word Document File when opening via Open Office Writer 4.1.3. Some images are missing when it was open using Open Office Writer. As per checking, the images can't be loaded if the Image on the Word File don't have a "Wrap Text" setting. Can somehow help me with this?

Thanks and regards,
N
OpenOffice 4.1.3 on Windows Server 2008 r2/Windows 8
John_Ha
Volunteer

Re: Missing Image in Open Office writer

Post by John_Ha »

Welcome to the forum.

Missing images is unfortunately a known problem which very occasionally occurs. Search the forum with missing images for posts about it.

Also see Item 14 in [Tutorial] Some useful hints on using images.
LO 6.4.4.2, Windows 10 Home 64 bit

See the Writer Guide, the Writer FAQ, the Writer Tutorials and Writer for students.

Remember: Always save your Writer files as .odt files. - see here for the many reasons why.
Norvi de Leon

Post by Norvi de Leon »

Hi John,

Already try to search but this issue seems different. The image form a word document file doesn't load on OpenOffice. Hope you can help me with this one. Also, why does I can't upload a file?

Thanks,
N
RoryOF

Post by RoryOF »

You should be able to upload a file - the Upload tab is below the Submit button on the FullEditor or PostReply screens, but not on the QuickReply screen.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
John_Ha
Volunteer

Post by John_Ha »

Or use a file share site if the file is larger than 128 kB.

If it is a .docx file it may be a Textbox problem - see [Tutorial] Differences between Writer and MS Word files

If it is a .doc or .docx file, check it in the MS Word Viewer - see [Tutorial] Differences between Writer and MS Word files

See the Writer Guide, the Writer FAQ, the Writer Tutorials and Writer for students.

Remember: Always save your Writer files as .odt files. - see here for the many reasons why.
John_Ha
Volunteer

Post by John_Ha »

Norvi de Leon wrote:As per checking, the images can't be loaded if the Image on the Word File don't have a "Wrap Text" setting.
I apologise - I somehow missed that on first reading. :knock: :oops:

It would be most interesting to see the file to understand what is happening. Is it a .doc file? or a .docx file?

Please upload it so someone can look at it.

If the file has confidential material in it, you can obscure the contents without affecting the structure too much (lines will spill differently because different characters have different widths) by changing every alphabetic character to an " x ", and every digit to an " n " with

Edit > Find and Replace
Tick Regular expressions (under More ...)
Find box [:alpha:]
Replace box x
click Replace all
and
Find box [:digit:]
Replace box n
click Replace all

Norvi de Leon

Re: Missing Image in OpenOffice writer

Post by Norvi de Leon »

Hi John,

Do you a dummy google account so i can send the file? Yes it is .docx file.As per checking again,I think it is not about the Wrap Setting, when I click the image and check format it shows "Format Text Effects" instead "Format Picture".

Thanks and regards,
N
John_Ha
Volunteer

Re: Missing Image in OpenOffice writer

Post by John_Ha »

I shall be away for the next five days - can I suggest you send a Private Message to RoryOF (use the PM icon to the right of his posts) asking for his help.