Gallery help please!

Discuss the word processor
GabbyC7

Gallery help please!

Post by GabbyC7 »

Hi all,

I'm in need of help please!
I am currently typing up my assignment and am struggling with my images :S
So far I have a few images on the first page but when I try to insert a image on page 3/4, its loaded on the top of page 1- which is not a problem as I *thought* i'll just move it down to where I need it to be.
However, when I do this and I drag it to the bottom of page 1, I literally can not move it any further! It's like the image is stuck on page.1 and I can't work out how to correct this.

Hope this makes some sort of sense and if anyone can help me out with this that'll be great!
Thanks!
Gabby
OpenOffice_4.1.3_MacOS X Yosemite 10.10.5
acknak

Re: Gallery help please!

Post by acknak »

Greetings and welcome to the community forum!

What application are you working with? Sounds like OO Writer, maybe?

If so, Writer can be difficult when arranging large items like pictures, because of the default setting for flowing text across pages.

If your document is primarily a collection of images, it may be easier to use OO Draw, as it provides free positioning of images anywhere on the page and it won't try to flow content between pages.

It's also a bit difficult to help with Writer without access to the document you're working with.
 Edit: PS: 
If you want to keep working in Writer, my suggestion is to switch the images to anchor "as character" (right-click > Anchor > As Character). Then the images will behave like (large) characters: they won't float around or overlap; you can center them just like you would a line of text, and so on.
AOO4/LO5 • Linux • Fedora 23
Bill
Volunteer

Re: Gallery help please!

Post by Bill »

Dragging an image to a different page only works if the anchor is set "To paragraph" or "To character". In those cases, the anchor will move to a different paragraph or character close to wherever you drag the image. If the image is anchored "To page", then the anchor won't move to a different page when dragging the image. In that case, you have to drag the anchor to the different page.
AOO 4.1.14 on Ubuntu MATE 22.04