Everything is smashed together

Discuss the word processor
Madfable

Everything is smashed together

Post by Madfable »

So my wife is about to submit her paper and just found it a jumbled messed after page 9. All the tables and pictures are just "laying" on top of eachother" and it looks aweful. We cannot figure how to separate them or even what happened?? I tried googling this issue to see if anyone had experience something similar but with no luck. I dunno if I just simply do not really understand what truly happened, or if this some kind of rare error???

I tried uploading the file here, but everytime I do it just resets this topic and makes it blank again. Any advice??? I dont know what to do...
OpenOffice 3.1 / Windows 10
Zizi64
Volunteer

Re: Everything is smashed together

Post by Zizi64 »

I tried uploading the file here, but everytime I do it just resets this topic and makes it blank again. Any advice??? I dont know what to do...
This file size limit is 128 KiB in this forum. iou can upload the larger files onto a free file sharing service (like the Google drive) and you can share it by its link.
Tibor Kovacs, Hungary; LO7.5.8 /Win7-10 x64Prof.
PortableApps/winPenPack: LO3.3.0-7.6.2;AOO4.1.14
Please, edit the initial post in the topic: add the word [Solved] at the beginning of the subject line - if your problem has been solved.
Hagar Delest

Post by Hagar Delest »

You may have anchored the objects to page. Better use the As Character anchoring so that each object is considered as text. Layout is less nice but much more robust.
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10
RoryOF

Post by RoryOF »

Also: what file format was used? .odt is the most robust.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS