Number field in Masterdocument

Discuss the word processor
SarahCheuzh

Number field in Masterdocument

Post by SarahCheuzh »

Hi Openoffice Community

For a large document I have put together a Masterdocument. In some of the subdocuments I use equations and have numbered them with a small table and a "number range" field, sort of what you get with autotext for equations.
Now I have managed to get it to display the numbers with reference to the chapter, eg 1.1 for the first equation in chapter 1, 2.3 for the third equation in chapter 2 and so on.
Unfortunately it does not display it like this in the Masterdocument, instead I just get consecutive numbers. I assume I need to format the Masterdocument so that these fields are displayed with numbering by level/chapter. Any one knows where to find this?
OpenOffice 4.1.1 on Windows 7
John_Ha
Volunteer

Re: Number field in Masterdocument

Post by John_Ha »

Does Creating and Using Master Documents help?

Or Chapter 13 - Working with Master Documents and Chapter 14 - Working with Fields in the OOo v3.3 Writer Manual?

Can you upload a small example (128kB max) .odm file, and two sub-document files (128kB max each), so someone can look at it.
LO 6.4.4.2, Windows 10 Home 64 bit

See the Writer Guide, the Writer FAQ, the Writer Tutorials and Writer for students.

Remember: Always save your Writer files as .odt files. - see here for the many reasons why.