Sections of text which will not cooperate

Discuss the word processor
Siarach

Sections of text which will not cooperate

Post by Siarach »

I am trying to reorganise my passwords list. The list has accumulated over a number of years. Some simply typed in, others copy and paste. I find that there are some entries which have a line under the entry and do not respond to my reorganisation. They will not allow me to reposition them. They will not allow copy and paste or delete or any such editing. Can anyone shed light on this for me, and free me to edit the list the way I wish? siarach.
OpenOFFICE 4.0.1 on Windows Vista
acknak

Re: Sections of text which will not cooperate

Post by acknak »

Perhaps they pasted as tables? Copy/paste from web browser may include who-knows-what html.

You can check in the Navigator: View > Navigator (F5). That will display most all the "things" present in a document.
AOO4/LO5 • Linux • Fedora 23
Siarach

Post by Siarach »

I have tried View> navigator, but I cannot understand how to apply this to my problem.... siarach
RoryOF

Post by RoryOF »

The Navigator will identify many of the structure items of an OO file. If an entry in the navigator has a symbol to its left (on my Xubuntu system a black triangle, but this may vary according to the operating system in use), clicking on this symbol will drop down the display to show all items of that category. Clicking on any item entry will take you to that item. The Navigator will let you see if the underlined items are, for example, hyperlinks.

We cannot identify them from your description; if you do not upload the file for examination you must do the forensic work.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
Siarach

Post by Siarach »

Thank you for this. When I do view>navigator>hyperlinks, I get a drop-down list of seven entries, one of which is the one I am struggling with. What is a hyperlink? And is there any way to change a hyperlink entry hyperlink entry into normal text?
If still necessary I will try to copy and send the entry to you, if I can remove the password. Siarach