When inserting envelope it does not appear as proper size

Discuss the word processor
gpw20

When inserting envelope it does not appear as proper size

Post by gpw20 »

I am using windows 10 with OpenOffice 4.1.3. when I insert an envelope the page is oversize causing the envelope to print too low on the face. I am using a canon mg 5700. This problem has developed since i got this printer but it is wrong when I insert into teh document. I have tried various sizes and nothing works.
OpenOffice 4.1.3 on Windowa
RoryOF

Re: When inserting envelope it does not appear as proper siz

Post by RoryOF »

In OpenOffice. when you format the address for the envelope, have you changed the page sise in OpenOffice to be that of the Envelope (/Format /Page : Page tab and select the envelope size from the page size dropdown)?
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
John_Ha
Volunteer

Re: When inserting envelope it does not appear as proper siz

Post by John_Ha »

Welcome to the forum.

As a new poster you will find much useful information in the Writer FAQ, the Writer Tutorials, the up to date Writer guide and the OOo v3.3 Writer Manual. When a pop-up window opens, click the Help button for extensive help on that function - it is often more comprehensive than the manual.

See Printing envelopes in Chapter 5 - Printing, Exporting, Faxing, and E-Mailing.

If this solves the problem, please view your first post in this thread and click the Edit button (top right in the post) and add [Solved] in front of the subject.
LO 6.4.4.2, Windows 10 Home 64 bit

See the Writer Guide, the Writer FAQ, the Writer Tutorials and Writer for students.

Remember: Always save your Writer files as .odt files. - see here for the many reasons why.